Saturday, March 2, 2013

mmmm...burgers! (vegan, of course!)

Just made a meal that I liked so much I had to share! I really love trying new recipes, especially if I have all (or most) of the ingredients already in my pantry and fridge. So I was pretty excited when I found Kathy's www.lunchboxbunch.com sweet potato veggie burger recipe.
I topped the burger off with the avocado, as suggested, and added a twist - some apple chutney on top for a little more tang and sweetness!
Served on a bed of fresh kale, purchased earlier at the winter farmer's market, it was a great meal! It was simple to make, easily adapted, and came out better than I thought it would! (I'm not usually very good at following recipes and often make "adaptations" that don't go so well...but this did!).

Even my partner, who is NOT a vegan, enjoyed the meal! That's usually my judge of goodness - if he'll eat it and not complain, it's a success. :)

I hope you enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment